THIS IS A STEWARDSHIP PROGRAM FOR CONGREGATIONS SEEKING TO:
- Stabilize and grow financial giving
- Teach Biblical stewardship principles
- Help members discover generosity
- Build building a foundation for a generous culture
PARTICIPATING CONGREGATIONS WILL RECEIVE:
- An easily implemented program designed to stimulate generosity ¨
- Professionally designed, adaptable materials
Letter templates for the stewardship drive
- Six virtual, live training events with a GSB Consultant to guide congregations through a sound stewardship appeal
- Clear tactics for sharing information and inspiration about your congregation’s ministry
- 1:1 guidance from your GSB Consultant § At least 7 videos teaching the principles of this program
- The ability to achieve a strong financial response even in uncertain times
- 3 copies of Abundance: Creating a Culture of Generosity, by GSB Partner Michael Ward, published by Fortress Press.
DATES/TIMES OF LIVE ZOOM SESSIONS:
- August 18, 9:30 a.m. – Building Blocks for Generosity
- September 7, 9:30 a.m. – An Effective, Inspiring Stewardship Appeal
- September 20, 9:30 a.m. – Sharing Stories of Generosity, Achieving a Strong Response (part 1)
- October 4, 9:30 a.m. – Achieving a Strong Response (part 2)
- October 25, 9:30 a.m. – Sharing Results and an Effective Follow-Up
- November 15, 9:30 a.m. – Finishing the Year Strong
- December 8, 11:00 a.m. – celebrate and debrief
EXPECTED RESULTS AND PROGRAM COST
The program aims for participating congregations to see at least a 5-10% increase above 2021 actual revenue. At the same time, this program will assist in maximizing 2022 year-end giving. You are asked to tithe 10% of the increase to your synod.
If you have any questions, please contact Pastor Lisa Hoelscher at email@example.com.
Review from a 2020 participant: “We can’t thank you enough for the guidance and direction on supporting our 2021 Stewardship Drive. Our results well-exceeded our expectations and is a testament to the fantastic program you offered to us. To date, pledges are 44% higher than last year totaling an increase in estimated giving of close to $61,000! As a way to give back, we are asking the synod to keep the $450 investment, and as well, we have increased our estimated percentage for Mission Support by a full percentage point.”
This comes from stewardship leader Angie Haston at Advent Lutheran Church, Murfreesboro, Tennessee. This happened not just during the pandemic, but also with an interim pastor.